Ms. Skysland

Dear Nix,

I write relieved with received word of a new hope. The double trouble of my repressed yet to be undressed whole identity brings tenancy to the zealotry of a duel existence. A fear I carry, leaves unmarried two parts of a woman, double sided and divided in two…Oh what shall I do? What shall I do? I find myself landed here, sad-sack, smack wack in the middle, betwixt and between two worlds, hurled in diametrically apposed positions with conditions incongruous to a virtuous truth….struth! The Ying,-the yang, the cat-the dog, a Montague- A Capulet, a Jet- a Shark, the night -the dark, Mrs Mangle and the Robinsons ….that no medicine will cure, how to endure the suppressed, regressed state of being “such a girl” to the world and yet unfurled within the deepest depths of my legitimacy lies the unequivocally beautiful love of………of……of……gaming in all its flaming glory!!!! By day one way, by night another and so this has been the norm for me through time. My most sublime indulgence you see is …oh…gee, oh my, oh me…. an all nighter with a bartering Merchant, to share in the tools of some Wooded Elvin Archers, to polish the long sword, oh lord… of a Daedric Prince, must I rinse clean what I have been?? My dream is to find a team. Must I hide this joyous ride??

Let’s cut to the chase hey?... I’m a middle aged woman having spawned two, juggling part time work with a heavy schedule of house-maiden duties meets Pilates meets coffee with the ladies, meets cake bake stall, meets volunteering and orienteering my way through a field of soccer mummies, hungry tummies, off to the theatre and eager to please….. But you see ,,,for a very long while this dancer in the dark has been naming her gaming physique. She has been mastering her skills with a will to succeed, yearning for the caress of a console controller, oh x marks the box dear niX.

My day time pals are not of this world and I long to play with a group on the outside…. How can I get Konnected?’

Yours angst ridden and gaming driven,

Yentle Skysland

Dear Yentle,

Mama how she hears you! Mama yes she hears you! Oh how she hears you calling your name! The moon is twice as lonely and the stars are half as bright when you hide in the night, smothering this uncovering of nothing but the whole truth. Yes, oh yes, bless your dear gamers heart for it’s time to press start. Game on Ms Skysland. Find your shout!! Unleash your captured dragon soul. Meet your challenge with unrelenting force. You want to actually in real time find a gaming crew?? You do!!!! Well…best bet is a little trip to retail your game-tale at the local store, a fiesta of nerds the word when Comic Con comes around or an underground stroll in the comic section of Minotaur Books. Don’t be afraid to use your sense of humor..

“ How does the dragon born look at their photos?? …Th’ um nails” Boom boom.

Don’t be shy, strike up a conversation and before you can say “Jarl of Winterhold “ you’ll have organised a little gamzees meet up night for sure. It might not be everyone’s cup of tea but it is yours!!!! …And darling that makes you not “such a girl” but indeed the bravest of all Shield Maidens. Look, it worked for me (or not) …er... I like to keep it mysterious…

Anyhoo can’t stop long, it’s Saturday night and my hipsterbebright disco shoes are all a flutter for a little dance down the yellow bricks of an antiques roadshow. And (if you might just keep it under your hat please…) I may just partake a little later in a rather saucy rendezvous with a couple of hunkish Nords… mmm yummy..

Good Luck dear lady fighter and don’t forget …I’m always here for you,

All my love


Nixie Trix xxxxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Roses Ice and Chariots of Fire

Fabio's Dream