Dear Nicla (Rose), 

What if I told you I was once Mozart or that Dvorak was immortal? What if I told you Mary Pickford was reborn into a new body with each new generation? What If I told you The Titanic wasn’t written by James Cameron and the music wasn’t written by James Horner either? Would you believe me? What if I told you “Someone that I used to Know” was a joke between two lovers who sent music to one another on cassette tapes about a man with a Goatee and a woman called Kim wearing a bra (Kimbra). What if I told you the man who came on stage at the Arias all about that kind of plagiarism was telling the truth?  Which parts would you believe? What if I told you Wolfgang Amadeus was an adopted woman with a twin brother who dressed as a girl and was captured by the elite to make even more money in a situation of child slave labour? What If I told you I died and came alive again or gave birth like an alien from my mouth breaking every bone in my face? It’s unlikely right? What if I told you a beautiful twin sister grew out of my heart that I forgot about and remembered more than twenty years later? What if a group of children wrote LeMiserables and never saw a single cent? What if I told you little orphan Annie was really written by orphan children or that The Wizard of Oz was set to music by the same children? What if I told you a lady called Madge Conlon wrote some of the most famous musicals of all time and died largely unknown? What if I told you a giant grizzly bear called Ben used to like me to comb his fur? What if I told you, one of the major Jewish banks just prior to the second world war did offer a bail out and evidence of which is hidden in a secret vault at the bottom of the White House? What if I told you Barrack Obama and I were once concert pianists but now I work in a community theatre setting? Sounds silly? Crazy? Out of this world? Conspiracy theory? What if I told you Roald Dahl got writers block so two kids wrote Matilda and all of the music and both of those kids became drama teacher and never saw a cent of it? What If I told you I once dressed as a Russian spy as a small child with a later famous movie star and musician and helped Gough Whitlam to introduce Medicare reforms. You might think I’m lying. You might see me as delusional? What if the Truman show was written by a bunch of kids in a Christian cult, none of whom were credited for their work? Does plagiarism like this live? What if Jk Rowling didn’t write Harry Potter but it was written by two teenagers, one about to give birth after a brutal attack of revenge? What if the lady who came forward to claim copyright was also lying but Rowling still didn’t write it? Is this kind of disgraceful behaviour really in people? I was wondering about your thoughts? What if Hollywood became a den for child abuse and bullying and everyone just kept their mouths shut just to belong? Is it that bad? Am I fatalistic like Judy Garland was? Is there a somewhere over the rainbow at all? Is the leader of Turkey a Turkey? Is that a racist comment? Is the world too politically correct?  Cant he just let those Kurdish people have something of a homeland? How can I be happy? Oh agony Aunt is this the most depressing letter ever written to you? Whatever is the answer to all of this? Is the news too hard to watch? Should I turn it off? Does anyone care or is it about getting the next update of an iPhone or a new house? What if I told you I swam the coast line from a place called Porpoise Pit to Sydney with a dolphin we rescued from a small swimming pool enclosure? Would you believe in that story? Would you want to? What if I told you famous people who advertise environmental issues have famous girlfriends that advertise handbags made from leather grown in Amazon cleared rainforests to make way for cattle farms? Oh well that last ones true, so you know…. anything is possible, even something that ridiculous. I mean what is the truth? Who is Truman? How many people are Truman and they don’t even know it? How many people have been jibbed? How many people have lied? Please help me? Oh dear I’m running out of breath…. What if I told you losing some children has broken my heart? HELP! SOS. 
Yours Truly,

Ms. S. A. D. Lady. 

Dear Ms Lady, 

Woahhh up little lady. That’s a lot of fatal words and questions, with a little track of hope winding back to the free spirit of a dolphin. You know I always loved those dolphins myself. Such beautiful creatures my dear. Did you know the dolphin is rather magical? Did you now it’s some of the highest form of communication that exists between these beautiful angels of the sea? Did you know there is still more to know? Did you know that questions can be good, that Garfield and Lasagne doesn’t have to stomp all over Snoopy and a Doghouse? Did you know both can exist in some kind of harmony? Can they? What do you think? How about, questions don’t always have answers? How bout, people who steal aren’t winners anyway. How about, keep fighting for your rights but dance in the storm too? How bout, over the rainbow might be a sunny day? Might be a beautiful sunrise? It might be a deep moment of sadness that reminds you of being alive, of being truly able to feel something without the help of a computer machine head or a trip to Kmart. How about doing the best you can? How bout having a day off from doing the best you can every now and again? How about breathe in and out, find your heart and keep on saying how you feel even if your voice shakes? Even if you are alone sometimes and even if you make a mistake in doing so sometimes? I mean yes, I think it’s entirely possible that Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart was a little girl. Girls rock! Aren’t we all musicians? Aren’t we all artists? Well yes of course we are. The mind can think new, can think big but most importantly feel in the most unending of ways. Aren’t we all in this attempt at living together? Well I should hope so and yes, people are taken advantage of sometimes and it’s horrible and cruel but that doesn’t mean you have to be like that. That doesn’t mean the dolphins won’t swim in the violet purple new day with you again. Do I sound like an aging hippy? Yes, well, bite me. I’m getting too old to worry about what people think. Now that’s a kind of over the rainbow feeling too. Perhaps you’re chasing those rainbows sometimes too much too dear. Keep smiling when you can. 

All my love,

Rose. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Roses Ice and Chariots of Fire

Fabio's Dream