The Howe in every Lighthouse

Dear Ms Nixie,

My name is Fay and I live in a lighthouse, well at least in spirit anyway, but as you might even have heard;
"True love is like ghosts, which everyone talks about and few have seen."
He was a strange cat, don't you think? Franceios De LaRochefoucald, caught between aiding the nobility and threatening it...never could make up his mind and I must say theres nothing more annoying than that.
I'm not exactly writing for advice only that you might pass on a message to the living Ms. Would you mind terribly being the go-between before I continue?

Yours,

Ms Fay Howe.

Dear Ms Howe,

Why of course. I would be most obliged to publish your message my dear.

Yours,

Nixie.

Dear Ms Nixie,

BOO!

Yours,

Ms Fay Howe. Ghost. The Lighthouse Keeper...

Dear Fay,

I'd like to say I'm spooked but I'm not dear. Time travel and ghosts and spirituality is of special interest to me. Contrary to such concentrations I am also well versed in counter theories around electromagnetic field perceptions, infrasound, moulds causing dementia, carbon monoxide poisoning and placebos made real by way of aversions to ideas surrounding mortality. It is my theory and a little more than a theory too (some of which I am not be ready to divulge)...time travel and spirit worlds fall somewhere between the two divergent opinions, held by believers and non believers, with a twist of something rather inter-planetary. There's science at play and heart too and the heart and the mind surely will interplay with perceptions but even beyond all of that there's a whole universe out there darling. What we know is not really all that much and what we may not know is that alternate life forms may well have a better grasp on time than what we ever have done. I'd say they have a better grasp on living peacefully and gently too and quite probably think the way of humanity,  at times, can be ultra barbaric. It is not at all out of the question to suggest that these life forms did not cross paths at any point with our space and time continuum. This I cannot 100 percent rule out. None of us can. Thus I cannot say for sure that the ghost or time travelling form of Ms Fay Howe doesn't exist. Why just the other week we discovered seven new planets and a couple of them with the actual capacity to sustain life. I hardly think, as history tells us, human beings would have been the smartest. There's little chance of that given we still struggle with; inequality, corruption, extinction, tyranny, misogyny, hate, crime, scarcity, xenophobia, prejudice, denial, pollution, pitiful (mainly men) who waste useful hours trolling on line falling into all of the above categories and on it goes.
Ms Howe, I've always been very interested in Light Houses too and Patrick Swayze behind a pottery wheel, in no particular order and so I suppose in some shape or form we have much in common.
Are you sure you don't wish to morse code us another message from then to now?

Yours

Ms Nixie.

Dear Ms Nixie,

Yes, well I suppose I would. As you may know from the history books and all that... it became my work to become adept in the art of signal communication via semaphore flags or morse codes to the troops from their loved ones as the men waited to sail. I then took it upon myself to send their replies in Morse code via telegraph and undersea cable to Albany, where they were transferred from office to office and printed as telegrams. I became home. I was home. I was in the privileged position of sharing in the fewest words that people had to play with the urgency of holding on and hope and true love. What I came to learn is that all of us can be one, a lighthouse Ms. Keep the lights on. Tell them all. Always keep the light on for me and each other. Make your message shine, as though it's vastly important, because it is and try to be brave against the tides of other peoples twisted agendas. Because Ms.... because when it came down to live or die, people chose life and people mostly chose love and that's what they might still like to choose every day and I hope we can make people feel this way.
By the way, Mr Swayze wishes that you might like to mention his role in City of Joy and stop reverting him to a sex symbol in tight pants and a bare chest all the time. And he says that Roland said it right...
"We're a strange animal, so often destroying what we love for selfish ends and yet tantalised by the sense that there are other choices if only we had strength to make them. In the politics of 400 years ago, we find the same questions we battle with today."

Yours

Ms Howe

Dear Ms Howe,

Oh it was about the pottery too. I do love pottery. Always have and always will, so long as it's made with love. Please apologise to mr Swayze. I was profoundly moved by that film and also just mention to him baby was never in the corner. And she carried a lot more than a watermelon or a slice of honey dew. Trust me. All of us women did and do and I say this while looking forwards with your lighthouse in my heart Ms Howe.

Yours,

Ms Nixie.















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Roses Ice and Chariots of Fire

Fabio's Dream