Cats and Crystals

Dear Ms Nixie,

I write to you not as much on my own behalf alone but for someone else. Now that someone else is a lot more than else and a large part of someone. You see, we live together. She’s gorgeous, fit, fun, athletic, full of personality, cuddly, very much into grooming and a huge fan of T.S.Elliot. I fear though, this special lady seems to have lost her usual spark of late, hiding away for extended periods of time, lack of appetite, excessive sleeping and well sometimes even engaging in obstinate and resistant behaviour she just wouldn’t have considered in the past, some might even say reckless behaviour god forbid. Miss Nixie, I even saw her in close proximity to the words RIP recently. I’m terribly concerned, whatever should I do?

Yours,
Mr. C. Andle-Flame

Dear Mr Andle-Flame,

Good grief, I’m also concerned but never fear for the darkness shall be the candlelight and the stillness the dancing. For a start might you not get her to dancing class? BTW, I’m not usually so much into name-ologies or mysticism or crystals that may or may not have been sourced from the depths of modern day slavery in countries with oppressive regimes (not to mention the environmental impacts) and then sold on to well meaning hippies for purposes of placebo healing. However, it seems important for reasons I cannot understand that I know of your better half’s name?

Yours,

Ms Nixie.

Dear Miss Nixie,

Oh well we were going to call her Plato, Admetus, Demeter or Munkustrap, Quaxo or Coricopat, Bombalurina or Jellylorum but then we decided on Purrson because she’s one of us too. We tried dancing you know and you’re right it was wonderful…at first…Here she is in training.



And then we ended up with this….all dressed for the stage, powdered with hair extensions and flatly refusing the gig.




And even more recently.....


What should we do with our little purrson. Please help and please help soon.

Yours,

Mr C. Andle-flame


Dear Mr Andle-Flame,

Give her love, give her attention, give her something to live for. Give her time. Give her a new reason to LIVE. Let her not RIP just yet but understand that she is yours and the Ying to your yang. You cannot hope to control anything, little own a cat. Embrace her free spirit and introduce her to a rock band that might get the sparkle back. Listen, here’s a couple of my clients. I’ll send you the deets if you think it might help.


All the best of love and luck with your little Purrson my dear. Keep the flame burning my dear. 

Yours,


Ms Nixie.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Roses Ice and Chariots of Fire

Fabio's Dream