The Vest Advice and The Right to Bare Arms?

Dear Ms Nixie,

I write with news of the gravest travesty. I bring word of the suavest in vestry, the finest, livest, investigatory harvest and study of sheer manhood. I speak in the bravest of tongue, well aware in the economics of heart, that truth has brought with it a divestiture of promise and yet.... still hope lives and thus I find myself here looking for the vest advice.

Ms Nixie, I know only the jersey, the sweater, the darling pullover ...oh that whole piece, sleeves and all. Born unto a long line of Aran Islanders, it has been bequeathed that I shall always know the warmth of Galway at my breast (with the promise of snug arms too). The trouble now? The vest is yet to come. I have my heart entangled in nothing but the investment of love and yet my family would never have such scandal. Nixie, the two shan't meet, the vests and the jumpers, the coverings and the raw will of brevity, even in the face of a cold, dark winter. It has been taught and told and spoken... a vest mustn't cover a jumper and a jumper isn't to cover a vest. Both most stand alone as equals. Yet....everywhere and in the face of every bare arm and open sleeve hole there serves to me, a reminder of a love always remembered. In every waistcoat, cutie-pie college-wear diamond Argyle, racy bulletproof man in a uniform style, knitted with matching pom pom hat, adorable puffer in the snow and even the demure investment banker vest...he is there.

As if to add further fray to the broken hearted and a knitting needle daggered to the centre of my core,  it seems his Royal Highness has found love in the arms of a coat! As though a humble jumper, were not of class and finery enough, his hidden love has worn pretty pink coats while dining on large scones with exotic centres.

Oh what shall I do? Where shall I go?

Yours,

Ms. N, Aran. J. Umpe`r

My Dearest Ms Umpe`r,

What frightful news! No use looking for a camouflage jumper, it's going to be hard to find and quite frankly why hide anyway. The lamb in you and kangaroo is the best wooly jumper of all.  It seems to me, while it is written, that this lad about town has the right to bare arms, he is simply not brave enough to find solutions in the face of interwoven relationships. If those around you will not and cannot find peace while knitting wounds of the past, may I suggest the sweater cardigan. He might consider a vestibular clean out and a good listening for the hidden heartbeat of unity. If he need leave the sweater cardigan undone for premium vest viewing so be it. And... there is no reason why you must wear a vest underneath, should it be of offence to you, in any way, shape or form.

Now my dear, should the solution not make of a match, I love ewe anyway and am always available for a good yarn. There have been many a moment when I have thought to throw this whole darn position away and yet it is the freedom fighters such as yourself that embolden my spirit and lead me onwards. Let us just get through the rest of the year one stitch at a time, remembering that winter is coming in some parts.,so best to knit fast!

Yours

Ms Nixie xx



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Roses Ice and Chariots of Fire

Fabio's Dream