Oh My Hat

Dearest Nixie,

In time travelling the lost frontiers might it be in history that we find our future? I am here to say it is so and prithee may we ponder and in pondering may we remember this:
" When in doubt mumble. When in trouble, delegate. When in charge, ponder." James. H, Boren

It seems I am in rather a good spot of trouble Dear Miss and I've come forwards ..."Where the world is ancient, the world is new, the dreams are yet to come true..." Howard Draper , in rather the bit of a mumbling mess.

Regretfully, I, all but an afterling of neither grace nor finery and from the year 1128 Anno Domini,  must but soul serf a practical peasants lot in the trantles of my wenchly wattle cruck, knowing full well, resistance is all but feudal. You see upon arrival I was named. I was titled lowly. I was given little of nothing and my birthright only toil and depreciation. And yet.... I found everything and more in the cockles of a good hat!

Might I make your acquaintance as a certain Miss. N, Imue (serfly peasant of the lake and milliner to the Knights of the Round Table). Oh my hat! I do love them. Perhaps it the idea of what lies beneath, for surely it has been said and thought that such an organ connects in throbbing harmony to every other organ of the body. Oh it is like a presents wrap on the top of a noggin and I have stepped backwards forwards and somewhere in between in search, always searching for the perfect hat. And all of them with something of a story to tell, a tale to spin and a lesson in life at the ready. Bucket, bowler, cloche or cap, helmet, fez, courbeen, top of the top hats or yellow bonnet, cowboy or hajab  with ear muffs or without, in sickness with a warm beanie or in health with a good sun smarty of the wide brimmed variety,  the adore fedora, felt or le fur or le bucket sheik, with fruit or with drinking straws attached and a lovely chortle of good humour and on and on does the list burgeon into brilliant possibility, interconnectivity and, and, and ....well magic!

I have a love. Secret without squirrels although if they want to conjoin in our adventure so let it be. Merlin the Entertainer is his name. Merlin is more important than many could have ever known and key advisor to King Arthur. Merlon's  a confidante of mine too though and all of it behind the scenes of course . We spend many evenings together and yet he must only look down where i but look upwards. Must it be so set in stone? Give me class. For god knows I've given him classes in everything under the god dam sun. He's of higher station than I and while my designs for both combat and leisure ware have always been received rather favourably, not enough to win a heart, alas. I shan't be offering coins and any golden chalice but I could be in the business to giveth a golden heart, and that be mine.

Do you know,  he comes to me, throws rocks at my window, in a state of practical underdress in a dither and hither to ask of help with regard to a sword removal from a stone, sleighing of dragons and the missing wear-a-bouts of a certain holy grail. And I've even had to offer relationship advice via Merlin to the King on the wandering eyes of lady Guenivere. I've gone so far as to teach him about playing music and jocular gaieties to win the King's approval, even to the point of his given title "The Entertainer." All if it worked and still here I am practically relegated to the stocks.

Could you lend a hand or a hat perhaps?

Yours Miss. N. Imue

Dear Miss Imue,

I love the drama of a good hat too my dear and don't you be intimidated by crowns now for the design isn't exactly rainproof is it? Might I start by saying I loved what you did with the coif dear. It was rather progressive and non gender specific of you too! Well let it be known I am most willing to be coiffed and it should not need to be hidden in any sentiment around eating spatchcock in the halls of silver service.
And speaking of service, I'm not sure I can be of much help to you malady, although might points  and peaks be an idea perhaps, for a change. Take a design turn and bring it to his head. Think Sonny and rolling mountain top thoughts:
"It's all about creation and surprise. It just needs to be appreciated and watered like flowers. You have to water flowers. These peaks will come again. " Sonny Rollins.
Make a pointed hat for this Merlin fellow and let the magic of love take flight.

Yours

Ms Nixie. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Roses Ice and Chariots of Fire

Fabio's Dream