Toe Wrestling and the Periodic Table

Dear Ms Nixie,

Are you still open for advice? I hear the quill has been hung and the final thread of silk spun…. But all the same I seem to have found myself in a little spot of volatile compound. I’m writing to you incognito and indispensable to all manner of casual nexus for time is the traveller, a tale teller, a head turner but then again, and yet….three hours too soon is better than a minute late. That’s what got me into geochemistry in the context of the geological and archaeological record. What would the geochemical record of human activities and civilisations be in the geochemical record of the future?

Now I heard it through the grapevine and I’m just about to lose my mind about news of some real deal Time Travellers on the loose. You see I’m most inexplicably drawn to the romance of science and the science of fiction and upon a chance referral to the last blogger post here two worlds collided and they shall never tear us apart.

You see, it struck me that, to solve the great and really quite literal prediction of troubles to this here our mother earth ahead of time, could you not get me in contact with your time travelling beaus Ms. E.N Marion or Mr Coco? Essentially in their hands does lay all reinvigorated hope, where everything can be repaired so that we may restore the timeline to its original state. The future is theirs in all manner of power to change human behaviour and we simply must send word. Don’t you think?

On a rather more ehem, personal note…ummmm, I love the Periodic table and always have. What I mean to say is that when it comes to reactions there is nothing more atomically charged than a chemical bond. Er…..how can I explain….I’ve come across a chemical compound made clearly by a most compelling electrostatic force uhuh and I’m not talkin’ about a Dipole-dipole reaction either. Oh baby this is the full ionic bond but there is some degree of opposites attracting.

You see there is a certain someone who seems to be all in the know on sports with sticks or balls, baskets and clubs and I’m rather afraid my forte there is not full of tensile strength. Oh Nixie, there’s the mark of warrior in ink on arms and the competitive spirit of diamond strength courage and I’m not sure I can measure up. If you cannot fix me to the coolest lil’ molecool of sodium potassium to the degree of 500 nanokelvin, if you cannot helium or curium then burium my wounded heart in a bowl of sulphuric acid to dissolve all trace of wanting and hope,

Yours Ms. Lila. N. Aether

Dear Lila,

Well I’ve decided to return after all for isn’t it true that:

If you're trying to achieve, there will be roadblocks. I've had them; everybody has had them. But obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it. Michael Jordan 

And how did you guess? Have I won trophies? The Best or the Fairest? Have I a ribbon? A medal, an honorary place in the members, the legends? Not completely but I was once in the running  to chair the annual welsh toe wrestling championships Annual General Meeting but was closely pipped at the post by a Mr Toeney Maloney and Mr. S.A.S. Quatch. And you know what they say about large feet? But that’s a whole other story and nevertheless sporting a smile is never to be sniffed at lightly my dear and so I did rise from the ashes  relatively unscathed. You see even in sports there is art, there is science and mathematics and romance and firm buttocks and that’s okay with me and so should it be with you my dear girl. Sports science is at the very heart of success these days and so I cannot see any barrier to a union that might see you and this chemical reaction enjoying a very healthy human bodily, biokenetic, heart rate, racing the clock kind of physiology. And have you seen how they jump and leap and spin and travel and glide. What a dance, what a picture of color and movement and poise and athletic grace. And so dance my darling. Let your amorphous atoms become crystal and firmly plant your feet on the floor while your heart soars towards true love. I do hope to have helped. I must be off now, I’m to make pizzas in the shape of hearts because, well because…

Yours Truly,

Nixie.

Ps On the subject of Wales don’t forget what Mr Thomas always said…..

"I think, that if I touched the earth,
It would crumble;
It is so sad and beautiful,
So tremulously like a dream."
Dylan Thomas 

Under the milky way, under the woods, under milkwood, inside and out no matter how we seem to look or be for us all,  life is fragile and fierce, as is love and so we are connected. Look after yourself and remember you are loved, always.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Roses Ice and Chariots of Fire

Fabio's Dream